Currently : PhD Student
- PhD in Signal Processing and Machine Learning, in a Joint Program at Center of Intelligent Sensing, EECS, Queen Mary University of London, UK & Elios Lab, DITEN, University of Genova, Italy. Working on‘Predictive analysis of auditory attention from physiological signals’.
Wheelhouse : Machine Learning & Signal Processing
Challenges & Competitions
- Second Place winner team – Urban Analytics Data Dive: Second place winner team for Urban Analytics Data Dive held at The Alan Turing Institute and hosted in collaboration with the Office of National Statistics -ONS Data Science Campus. 25-26 July 2017.
- Second Place winner team – Person Identification from Audiovisual challenge in summer school 2017 held at Centre of Intelligent Sensing, Queen Mary University of London. 7-9 Sep 2017.
- Online Competitions: I worked on Kaggle’s competitions of Machine Learning and Data Science, Profile is here https://www.kaggle.com/nikeshbajaj/competitions
Data Study Groups:
- A week-long event worked with a team for Urban Analytics posed by Defense Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) at The Alan Turing Institute, London. 22-26 May 2017. Blog about it can be seen here.
- An extensive week-long work on health care project – Predicting Language Outcome and Recovery After Stroke (PLORAS), a problem was posed by University College London at The Alan Turing Institute, London. 16-20 April 2018.
Certificates and Courses:
I have done several online/offline courses in signal processing and machine learning including, Deep Learning Specialization, Neural Network for Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models, and others, a list is shown in the Courses section.
- Presented seminar on ‘Ensemble approaches for classification and regression’ in summer school – Machine Learning: A computational Intelligent Approach, University of Genoa, Italy. The presentation can be found here.
I attended Faculty Development Program on Data Analytics by Cognizant Technology Solution, India
Tools and Languages:
- Currently, mentor for coursera course –Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications
– Teaching Assistant at Queen Mary University of London:
- Digital Signal processing -2017/18
- Coding for Scientist – 2017/18
- Data Analytics – 2017/18
- Signals and Systems Theory -2017/18
- Security Engineering -2017/18
– Assistant Professor:
- July 2010 – Nov 2015 : Worked as Asst. Professor for School of Electronics and Communication at Lovely Professional University (India).
- Oct 2006 – July 2008 : Worked at Colwell & Salmon Communication, Noida (India) from Oct 2006 till July 2008
- 2005 – 2006: Worked in BPOs
- Masters in Technology (M.Tech) in Communication & Information Systems from Aligarh Muslim University
- Bachelors in Technology in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from IETE – Institutions of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, New Delhi (India).
JD-ICE- Joint Doctoral Course in Interactive and Cognitive Environment program for PhD between Queen Mary University of London & University of Genoa.
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India -funding for masters
Awards & Honors:
- Best Faculty Award 2014-2015 – Received Best Faculty award for outstanding performance by Cognizant Technology Solution
- Best Faculty Facilitator Award 2015 – for being facilitator for ‘Uttara-Scientia Divina’ -Student Organization at LPU
- Best Student Award at Sunrays Children High School, Itarsi, M.P. (India), 1999
- Second Prize in ‘Hindi Gyan Pariksha’ by Akshar karmi Swayam Seva Santha on Hindi Diwas, 1997
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering: GATE-2010, 2008, 2007, 2006 Qualified. GATE is conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITD, IITB, IITK), that led to MHRD funding for Masters in Technology in India.
- IELTS qualified.
- Associate Member of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering – IETE, New Delhi (India)
- Faculty Development Program on Business Analytics in May 2014 by Cognizant Technology Services.
- Indian Robot Olympiad IRO- 2012 as a coach for a team.
Courses taken Online/Offline:
- Machine Learning (Coursera)
- Probabilistic Graphical Models 1 (Coursera)
- Neural Network for Machine Learning (Coursera)
- Statistical Learning (Stanford Online)
- Machine Learning for Musicians and Artists (Kadenze)
- Regularization Methods for Machine Learning (Unige)
- Machine Learning: A Computational Intelligent Approach (Unige)
- Data Fusion and Bayesian Network (Unige)
Deep Learning specialization
- Neural Network and Deep Learning
- Improving Deep Neural Networks: Tuning Hyperparameters
- Structuring Machine Learning Projects
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Sequence Models
- Digital Signal Processing (Coursera)
Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications (Coursera)
Image and video processing (Coursera)
Introduction to Digital Sound Design (Coursera)
- Computer Vision (Coursera)
Computational photography (Coursera)
Fundamental courses and other courses for Fun
- Cryptography -I (Coursera)
- Applied Cryptography, Science of Secretes (Udacity)
- Control of Mobile Robots (Coursera)
- An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Coursera)
- Learn To Program: Fundamental (Coursera)
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Coursera)
- Algorithms: Design and Analysis, Part 1 (Coursera)
- Engineering Self-Reflection for Human Completion (Coursera)
- The Nature of Code (Kadenze)
- Introduction to Programming for the Visual Arts (Kadenze)
- Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners (Udemy)